Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need help with Upgrading

Thread: Need help with Upgrading

Question Need help with Upgrading

Okay I am looking at upgrading my computer. I am primarily a Gamer, and down below is my hardware. I am trying to figure out what I need to upgrade first and to what. Any advice from a more experienced person would be greatly appreciated.

I sit at around 50-60 fps in World of Warcraft, although I would like to be able to use more of the graphic setting in games.

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Hard Drive: 154 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Monitor: Spectre 20 in LCD

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

Speakers/Headphones: Logitech 2-1 with Subwoofer

Keyboard: Razer Tarantula

Mouse: Logitech-compatible Mouse PS/2

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Thanks,
    Kazza
    Last edited by Kazza; 10-17-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Any name-brand manufactured computer isn't going to have much room to upgrade. You have 2 things you can really do. First, upgrade the RAM to 2G, and upgrade the 6600GT to a 7600GT (best AGP card you can get, since they stopped making them). Other than that, you aren't going to get much better.

If your monitor is the Sceptre Naga widescreen, you are going to have to replace the entire system to get framerates up when using 1680x1050 resolution. An Athlon XP isn't going to last you much longer, since the video card is pulling all the weight for you.

If you have the money, I would suggest building a system, and not buy another name-brand system. This way you can upgrade the motherboard, and everything else, and not be stuck with a small form factor motherboard. Not to mention, it's cheaper in the long-run, and you aren't buying el-cheapo parts (there is a reason those systems are so cheap).
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay thanks very much for the help.