Thread: How to run php

How to run php

Hi,

can any one please let me know how I can run php scripts on my Linux machine? Which folder I should be putting my php files in and how to run them in a browser? I am using Fedora 32+ bit as my os. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by tech291083 View Post
    Hi,

can any one please let me know how I can run php scripts on my Linux machine? Which folder I should be putting my php files in and how to run them in a browser? I am using Fedora 32+ bit as my os. Thanks..
    You should install Apache and PHP on your machine. After that you should configure the Apache server to handle the PHP files. You can find a good tutorial at the PHP's official site.
    After that you should put the PHP files in a folder called htdocs. The path depends on your installation method. For exmple it is /usr/local/Apache2/htdocs on my machine. The you open your browser and load the pages in it. For example to load a page named test.php you should type http://localhost/test.php in the address bar of your browser.
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...

Quote Originally Posted by omidkamangar View Post
    You should install Apache and PHP on your machine. After that you should configure the Apache server to handle the PHP files. You can find a good tutorial at the PHP's official site.
    After that you should put the PHP files in a folder called htdocs. The path depends on your installation method. For exmple it is /usr/local/Apache2/htdocs on my machine. The you open your browser and load the pages in it. For example to load a page named test.php you should type http://localhost/test.php in the address bar of your browser.
    Thank you...