Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

BASH colors

Thread: BASH colors

BASH colors

Under a lot of distro's, the folders/file are colored in BASH. But I'm not sure how to set this up for my LFS system. I've looked through my config files in Drake but I've come up with nothing.

Cheers

Re: BASH colors

You mean when you ls and dir's come up blue, executables come up green, images come up purple, etc...? That is done by putting is ls --color and that will make 'em show up. If you dont wanna do that everytime, you can put the line alias ls='ls --color' in your ~/.bashrc and ~/.bash_profile - you could probably edit /etc/bashrc and /etc/bash_profile to include it as well, that way all users (current and future) will have the same affect. Its also good to put little things like alias rm='rm -i' (and cp, mv and the like) the -i meaning interactive, so it asks you if youre sure, before you make a silly mistake. You can always override it with the -f option.

TTFN,
    ScRapZ_1 :P

Remembr bashish?

Is there a way to make the default home directory something other than your user directory.

For example I have two users one is mud and the other is test.

I am always signed in as mud but normally work out of the test directory.

I have group access for both.

Thanks
    Ras

Is there a way to make the default home directory something other than your user directory.

For example I have two users one is mud and the other is test.

I am always signed in as mud but normally work out of the test directory.

I have group access for both.

Thanks
    Ras

yep .. just do

usermod <username> -d /new/homedir or
    usermod <username> -d /new/homedir -m .. this will move all the stuff from your old home dir to the new one