Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Free Linux simulator to learn sysadmin

Thread: Free Linux simulator to learn sysadmin

Free Linux simulator to learn sysadmin

Hi,

I just came across this page on Ebay about Cisco CCENT™ 640-822 Exam & Simulator-485q+6s-ICND/CCNA.

As far as I understand it is a program hopefully on a cd that one can install like any other programs and practise the exam stuff intended for future sysadmin right? I am also interested in learning sysadmin basic but in the Linux enviornment and do not have extra pcs to practise the idea, is there a free simulator available for Linux platform that can teach you some basic Linux sysadmin skills? Sorry I am not much of a techie but trying to learn as much as I can by asking experts on the forums like this one. Any little explaination will be appreciated. Thanks...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cisco-CCENT-64...QQcmdZViewItem

There really isn't. Linux sysadmin skills come with the knowledge of using Linux. One book, or even one application would be huge if they were to cram that much knowledge into one space. The best thing is to get a Virtual Machine application (VMware, Parallels, etc), and install a Linux system, and go through how-tos, or even a book of basic usage (Linux LPI Exam books are great for this). After you have the basic knowledge, you can always find a book on administrator tasks/practices.

As for the Cisco simulator, remember these are NOT fully functional emulated routers. They only allow you do a handful of commands, which relate to the question, or lesson being taught.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel_Killer View Post
    There really isn't. Linux sysadmin skills come with the knowledge of using Linux. One book, or even one application would be huge if they were to cram that much knowledge into one space. The best thing is to get a Virtual Machine application (VMware, Parallels, etc), and install a Linux system, and go through how-tos, or even a book of basic usage (Linux LPI Exam books are great for this). After you have the basic knowledge, you can always find a book on administrator tasks/practices.

As for the Cisco simulator, remember these are NOT fully functional emulated routers. They only allow you do a handful of commands, which relate to the question, or lesson being taught.
    Thank you...........