Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Firefox and JAVA

Thread: Firefox and JAVA

Question Firefox and JAVA

How do I make JAVA work on / in Firefox?
    I'm currently running SUSE 64bit 10.2 on

My system:
    Motherboard: Tyan S2895
    CPU: 2xOpteron 285
    Memory: 10GB
    Graphic: 2xNvidia Quadro FX 3500
    Hard drive: 4xSamsung 250GB SATA
    Monitor: Samsung 244T, connected to graphic card 1

/ Hoiladon
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Quote Originally Posted by hoiladon View Post
    How do I make JAVA work on / in Firefox?
    I'm currently running SUSE 64bit 10.2 on

My system:
    Motherboard: Tyan S2895
    CPU: 2xOpteron 285
    Memory: 10GB
    Graphic: 2xNvidia Quadro FX 3500
    Hard drive: 4xSamsung 250GB SATA
    Monitor: Samsung 244T, connected to graphic card 1

/ Hoiladon
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Here's one way to get Java working:
    http://www.johnson.homelinux.net/index.php/Java

Thank you for spending time on newbies like me! When I get my Firefox out on the internet I will check if it works for me too (it refuses to connect to the internet, see my other postings...). Mean while I checked my plugins with your suggestion "aboutlugins" and found that I got 1.1-5 installed! When I've tested it, I used map24.com as "test page" but it refuses to work. But now I tested a page that I do know have a bunch of small applets (www.elji.se/tjornvader/) and it worked fine on Konqueror, but map24 still refuses, even on Konqueror. So for now I can't test anything that has to do with the internet and Firefox.
    Anyway, to make a short history long; I alway use the graphical YAST when installing and updating since I have no idea which program links to what and where. Therefore I'm a bit afraid of linking / shortcutting manually so to say. I've tried something similar in the past, with linking and shortcutting, but I messed up the whole system...
    But you might know a way to view a programs all links in someway? (in my mind a program appears a bit like an octopussy with tentacles all over the system, sucking information from one location and changing it in another).

/ Hoiladon

I don't really understand your post. I was having Firefox problems recently and the cause turned out to be the .mozilla folder in my home directory. Fortunately, I had an old version with which to replace it. If you don't have an old version, try renaming it .mozilla-bad (after exiting Firefox, of course).

When you re-start Firefox, it will create a new profile folder. If that does not fix your problem, it's easy enough to get your old profile back by re-naming it again.

If you use a new profile, you'll have to reinstall extensions (one of them may have corrupted something in your profile). I've got a link somewhere to advice about reinstating passwords and so on, if you want it. You can copy bookmarks files easily enough.

I don't know how anyone uses that distro. I gave up trying to get it work.