Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Intel DP35DP mother board problem!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel DP35DP mother board problem!!!!!!

Intel DP35DP mother board problem!!!!!!

Hi,

I bought a new PC with Intel DP35DP motherboard, and I tried to setup windows server 2003 on it, but it is not working, I don't know why?
    and I'm planing to setup Linux on it, but I don't know if it will work or not,so

May you please tell me if this motherboard supports Linux especially, and windows server 2003, or not? and if not what I have to do?
    Do I have to update the BIOS or what?

Do I have to change this motherboard to other brand like GigaByte (GA-P35-DS4 for example) or other brands?
    Give me suggesions of motherboards supports the above operating systems
    (new chipset like P35 chipset)

I bought a new PC with Intel DP35DP motherboard, and I tried to setup windows server 2003 on it, but it is not working, I don't know why?
    It would really help if you told us what happened in detail. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi,

I have a potable CD for windows server 2003, I started to setup it.

As you know it copied all the necessary files first (the blue screen) then the PC restarted automatically then it tried to complete the installation but it gave me a blue screen which have an error message I don't remember it exactly but it says that there are a hardware failure and I have to restart the PC, if the same problem appears try to disconnect any new hardware you are using (You know this message and this screen I guess).

So, I searched Intel site if there are a solution for my problem, but I don't succeeded.

and I want to setup Linux, but I didn't try it because may be I will face the same problem.

I called the shop that I bought this motherboard from it, and he told me that all the new boards (third generation boards) for all brands does not support windows server 2003 and he is not sure about linux if it is supported or not in all new boards, is it right?

please advice me.
    Is there any solution for my problem,like BIOS update or any thing else?, or do I have to change my board to other brand that you know it supports windows server 2003 and linux?
    please give me the brand name and its model (P35 chipset or newer) if this is the solution.

I can't say that I've ever seen the install blue screen unless there was a hardware failure. It would be nice to see that stop error, since that would give a better explanation, but it's understandable not to remember since that's not what you are focusing on, more than the fact that it just doesn't work.

I would try running an Ubuntu/Kbuntu/Xbuntu live CD on the system with the 'noapic' option set on boot. With that, you should see if there are any other errors.

I'm not sure if you are really planning on this system being a server, or a workstation. If it's a personal workstation, I could recommend a few different boards. If it's a server, that would change those suggestions, but I would be happy to suggest others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi,

yes it is a personal workstation.
    so from your words, do you advice me to change the board to other brand that support windows server 2003 and linux?
    and what is it,please?

For personal use, I would recommend rather DFI, or Gigabyte.

Did you try the Ubuntu live CD at all? Usually, if it's any sort of issue regarding the OS supporting the motherboard, you would see a ton articles, forum posts, reviews covering this, but I have yet to find someone that has had the same issue (of course after a few google pages, it's obvious that it is rare anyways). Regardless, I do see that people have been using Linux on this board with minor issues (usually the network driver).

Hi,

May you please give me a specific model from Gigabyte that is good and supports windows server 2003 and Linux?

I'm thinking to use RedHat, do you advice me to use it? or not
    Do I have to choose other distro?

The distro really isn't going to matter too much at all. I'm not familiar with the boards that they make for Q-Cores, and same with DFI. Those are just the two I've had great experiences with in the past few years (Use to be Iwill, but they stopped selling outside of Asia). I would check what mailing lists, and forums they have, or unofficial forums dedicated to their products, and see what other people recommend.

Works for me

I have just (last night) put together my system with a DP35DP, E6750 Core 2 Duo CPU and a couple of gigs of RAM. Linux (fedora 7) from DVD installed straight away and everything I have tried worked including sound, LAN and USB.

I have installed with the RAID stuff on (even though I only have one disk) and off. It worked both ways.

Before I bought the board I did some surfing and was discouraged by the problems reported. The machine is mainly for XP anyway but problems would appear to be a thing of the past now.

I am very pleased with the set up. It is very quiet and fast. The 500G Hitachi SATA-2 disk is the loudest part of the system now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevestuff View Post
    I have just (last night) put together my system with a DP35DP, E6750 Core 2 Duo CPU and a couple of gigs of RAM. Linux (fedora 7) from DVD installed straight away and everything I have tried worked including sound, LAN and USB.
    Bugger! LAN didn't work after all. In a haze of exhaustion I had installed a realtek gigE network card and this was working instead of the motherboard based adaptor. I must have done this in desparation when trying to work out why Windows XP wouldn't install (3 hours later it turned out to be that the XP installer had spotted a linux partition on the disk which crashed it).

I have since build the lastest greatest kernel (2.6.23) and still no joy. The driver (e1000) claims to support the card but I will have to mess with it some more to make sure I am not missing something simple.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very interested.

Very sorry for misleading anyone.