Hello, I recently decided to update my backup server of mine from Suse 9.3 to openSuse 10.2, and am having a problem (which, for the purpose of the server, is kind of a big deal). I was trying to compile a module for the RAID card driver, and as soon as I try to 'make' I receive this error:

backups:/home/ron/Backup Server Stuff/Highpoint RocketRAID 2320/rr232x-linux-src-1.03/product/rr232x/linux # make
../../../inc/linux/Makefile.def:80: *** Cannot find kernel version. Check /lib/modules/2.6.18.2-34-default/build/include/linux/version.h.. Stop.

Here is an excerpt from the Makefile.def (which probably isn't too important, but for completeness...):

#
# change KERNELDIR according to your system
#
ifndef KERNELDIR
KERNELDIR := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
endif

KERNEL_VER := $(shell cat $(KERNELDIR)/include/linux/version.h | grep UTS_RELEASE | cut -c22-24 | head -n 1)

ifeq ($(KERNEL_VER),)
$(error Cannot find kernel version. Check $(KERNELDIR)/include/linux/version.h.)
endif

ifneq ($(KERNEL_VER), 2.6)
ifneq ($(KERNEL_VER), 2.4)
$(error Only kernel 2.4/2.6 is supported but you use $(KERNEL_VER))

The
strange thing is this, the above mentioned 'version.h' file:

#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 132626
#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << Cool + (c))

Now, I am not sure what the version.h is supposed to look like, so I am not sure what I am looking at (hence, the reason I post this so someone more knowledgeable might be able to push me in the right direction).
I do know for a fact that I have kernel headers installed, and the kernel source (let me rephrase that... I selected it during the installation, and YaST shows that it is installed. Other than that, I don't know how to verify).

If anyone could possible shed some light on this, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!