Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Installing Yabb on Linux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Yabb on Linux

Installing Yabb on Linux

I just installed Yabb on linux box and I am running into some probs. I am sure this is a silly question for some but when I upload the files some are supposed to be in ASCII format. They say all the *.pl and *.cgi are supposed to be in ASCII. I have done that. I have even changed the perms to 775 just to make no conficts for now. When I try and type in the URL I get a page not found error. If I try and browse to the file I can see the file but it is a text file as if I was opening it in VI or something. Am I supposed to be typeing in the cgi file or the HTML file. I am a little confused and as you can see its my first time doing this. Any help is great. Thanx in advance.

Mentor

Re: Installing Yabb on Linux

You have to strip out the ^M characters from the .pl and .cgi files. This PET will help you:
    http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...play&id=11

I had that problem before but I dont see any of those characters now. When I do that command it says "trailing characters" Any ideas?

Mentor

I had that problem before but I dont see any of those characters now. When I do that command it says "trailing characters" Any ideas?
    Exactly what command?

:%s/<ctrl-v><enter>//g
    I type that and then I typed :wq to write and quit but then it tells me trailing characters. I am not sure what VI is telling me. I didnt edit any of the Perl scripts in Windoze. I did it all in Linux. I had to Re-FTP some of the files to make sure they were in ASCII format. I am stuck now though.

Mentor

The YaBB code for some strange reason comes with the ^M characters in the files.
    Copy all the .pl and .cgi files to a single folder, then issue this command:

perl -e "s/\r//g;" -pi $(find /home/user/yabb -type f)

Change the /home/user/yabb part to your actual folder. Then FTP these files to the server.

The YaBB code for some strange reason comes with the ^M characters in the files.
    Copy all the .pl and .cgi files to a single folder, then issue this command:

perl -e "s/\r//g;" -pi $(find /home/user/yabb -type f)
    There is a waaay simpler method:

# unzip -a Y1Gold_SP1.1_pl.zip

Ohh man does this suck. I tried doing it all the ways you guys have suggested and even tried the *.pl package over the cgi and I still get the same text file. Do you think I could be missing any dependant files. The box is RH 7.2. I will try until it works.

Try running dos2unix on the file. It cleans out those nasty characters.

If you don't have dos2unix, look on rpmfind.net or freshmeat

Is your apache configured to execute scripts ? Do you have mod_perl installed and enabled ? Can you execute via apache this script ?

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Something";
    Try this first and proceed to YaBB as soon as you succeed.