Apolozies if this is not the right place to post this question. But I need some guidance from professionals on this forum. One of my friends has just been offered a position called Business Analyst in an IT firm. The problem is he comes from a technical background and thinks that he should have a business/accounting background instead in order to be successful. I would like to hear from any professional business analyst or BA here on this forum in terms of:
1. How did you become a Business Analyst? Did you apply for it or just got it through experience within the organisation?
2. What educational background they had had before becoming a BA?
3. What are is the job profile like? What does it involve?
4. What technical or other skills you need to have to become a BA?
5. Sometimes non-technical people are also offered the job of a BA, is that true or one needs to have a business/accounting/finance/management degree?