Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KDE Issue: root isn't able to write anything

Thread: KDE Issue: root isn't able to write anything

Question KDE Issue: root isn't able to write anything

Hello,

I was working in KDE.I don't know what went wrong that the root isn't able to write anything.I login through root for GNOME session or through any other user in KDE or GNOME, things are working fine there.What can be the problem?

Question

My keyboard isn't detected when i login to KDE as root, my keyboard stops working, CAPS lock, Num Lock, all don't work

Did you login as root or did you elevate your status using su or sudo?
    63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs,
    ya get 1 whacked with a service pack,
    now there's 63,005 bugs in the code!!

I would try this. Log-in as user. Open a terminal. 'su' to root user then rename /root/.kde as .kde-bad. When you then log in to Kde as root, a new .kde folder will be created.

Another option is to open the Kde control centre as root while logged in as user ( kdesu "kcontrol" ) and see whether you can correct the settings. If your distro has some other control centre, you may be able to use it to correct the settings. There are also some commands you can use in the command line if you have time to work them out. ( I don't. ) Replacing the .kde folder is the simplest method.

Lightbulb

I got this solution from one forum and it worked for me:
    I stumbled across this post googling for the same problem you are facing. The way I resolved it left me laughing at myself so perhaps you have the same issue. My keyboard was in fact working, but I had managed to turn on 'Slow Keys' without realizing it. Try edit ~/.kde/share/config/kaccessrc and set SlowKeys=false