Thread: Network setup in Fedora 2

Network setup in Fedora 2

Phooey! I have been trying to download Fedora 7 and install on my laptop - still haven't been able to get past the ISO format so that it will boot from CD-ROM.
    Soooo, thinking that I might test the cd-rom drive, I slipped in a copy of Fedora 2 that I got several years ago. It installed fine, and so I decided to go on line to research the download and install of core 7.

Well, I can't get online through my network. It's a home network running through a linksys WRT54G router, wired with cables. It runs to a cable modem.
    I can see the router when I go in at 192.68.1.1, but it doesn't let me access the internet.

Now I know you have heard all this before, but I haven't been able to find anything in the FAQs, and would appreciate any suggestions you might make. I love Linux because it keeps me from doing anything else useful while my wife is out making a living for us.

If I figure out how to get on line with this darned thing, then I can come back and find out how to burn a DVD that my laptop can see!

Thanks,

Pfred

Quote Originally Posted by PfredPfudpucker View Post
    Phooey! I have been trying to download Fedora 7 and install on my laptop - still haven't been able to get past the ISO format so that it will boot from CD-ROM.
    Soooo, thinking that I might test the cd-rom drive, I slipped in a copy of Fedora 2 that I got several years ago. It installed fine, and so I decided to go on line to research the download and install of core 7.

Well, I can't get online through my network. It's a home network running through a linksys WRT54G router, wired with cables. It runs to a cable modem.
    I can see the router when I go in at 192.68.1.1, but it doesn't let me access the internet.

Now I know you have heard all this before, but I haven't been able to find anything in the FAQs, and would appreciate any suggestions you might make. I love Linux because it keeps me from doing anything else useful while my wife is out making a living for us.

If I figure out how to get on line with this darned thing, then I can come back and find out how to burn a DVD that my laptop can see!

Thanks,

Pfred
    Well - amazing what a difference a few days can make. All problems resolved.
    I was able to make an image copy of the core 7 DVD, which installed properly, automatically configured my network and internet connections and looks great. Now what am I going to worry about?