Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

hi to all - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi to all

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    # for i in *.doc ; do abiword --to=txt $i ; done
    Use abiword to convert filetypes
    And Explorer please give some helpful advice instead of these brainless replys.
    Mind your buisness

explorer, if we do like to chage every file extension to .txt, it will be waste of time. i need something that, if we give one folder name that contains .doc extension files only, it will automatically convert all .doc files into .txt files within the folder.

thanks.

Good Guru
    arcana, redhead gave you a great simple method, try that. If it works out for you there are ways in GNOME to make it into a right-click menu that has an option to do that on the directory you are in, or specific files.

Try his method, at a first glance it ought to work out fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks redhead and schotty. Its working now

Hi

When im converting bulk of documents, some of documents couldnt be opened. It shows error like,
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # for i in *.doc ; do abiword --to=txt $i ; done

ERROR: meta.c (179): wmf_header_read: this isn't a wmf file
    AbiWord: could not open the file [arindam_bhattacharjee_Kolkata_0[1][1].05_yrs.doc]
    AbiWord: could not open the file [avani_shah_Ahmedabad_0[1][1].10_yrs.doc]

** (abiword:7994): WARNING **: Warning file 'Devendra_mhatre_Mumbai_2[1][1].00_yrs.doc': 166 bytes, non-integer number of blocks

Aborted

** (abiword:8211): WARNING **: Invalid seek

** (abiword:8211): WARNING **: Invalid seek

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those errors occured. what do i do now?

Thanks