Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Need some help

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Ok , Im new so please be easy

Im trying to do a few things with this install .
    Try to open my mind to a os other than winblows. =)

fun FAH as i hear it is faster in Linux and run a cs server.

So why does apt-get not work ?
    and why after I run hldsupdatetool.bin (csserver) it is trying to uncompress a file called steam . I was able to do this very easy with Ubuntu. But this os is saying this "sh: uncompress: command not found"

Im trying to run updates but I dont really know where to start is there a guide on what to install I didnt see any stickeys .
    When I try and install things it says Sorry, the following packages can't be selected:

well...no apt-get on mandriva...it is urpmi
    you can have a look at easyurpmi website to define the repositories then it is urpmi nameofprogram. to install urpme nameofprog to uninstalle urpmq name of prog to query.
    urpmi.update -a is to update database and urpmi --auto-select is to update all packages if there is update available.
    and you have the mandriva control center that gives you all in graphical.

I find rpmdrake very useful, it's on your menu

System > Configuration > Packaging > Install, Remove and Update Software

You can also add other repositories to it using

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

I added all the PLF ones

what?
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+