Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Sendmail or Postfix?

Thread: Sendmail or Postfix?

Sendmail or Postfix?

I'm getting ready to set up an e-mail system for my company for the first time and would like opinions on if I should use Sendmail, Postfix or maybe another application. We have less than 75 users and the biggest concern is being able to block out about 50 of these to only receive messages from our own domain. I've already have RHEL installed and have been getting comfortable with it. Time to take the step....

Wink

sendmail is the most widely used mail server on internet. It is reliable and is used by many big names like yahoo, hotmail. postfix is comparitivly a newbie but has greater feature set along with reliablity and robustness. So it is just a matter of choice. You may opt for any of these two.

Thanks Explorer! Any one else have any imput?

Good information for chewing

Good Guru
    Anyone who has spoken with me knows how much I despise sendmail. Anything else is better. Sendmail is purely a test to ones anal retentiveness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.