Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Networking

Thread: Networking

Networking

In point of fact networking to a Win2K server but I don't suppose that's relevant in itself.

I know how to network (using mount) and can make it so that those shares connect at boot but I can't seem to access them (or indeed) run mount at all from my non-root user.

Anyone got any ideas?

VampyreUK

Good Guru

Re: Networking

What method you are using to mount the remote shares?? ( using NFS or Samba ?? )

You said you can't mount it as non-root users.. So you have no problem mounting Win2K drive as ROOT user??

Good Guru

Re: Networking

If you are using NFS or SMB, then yes you need to mount. But if you are using SSH, then you wouldn't. Mount them to allow non root access and you shall be fine.

What I use ...

Hi Everybody Peeps (it's an age thing) :-)

Samba client & I to make it work I use a file called SNTFLinux, set as executable containing:

#! /bin/sh
    mount -t smbfs -o username=<username>,password=<password&gt ; //<W2K Server>/<sharename> /mnt/trans
    mount -t smbfs -o username=<username>,password=<password&gt ; //<W2K Server>/<sharename> /mnt/mp3
    . . . . . .
    . . . . . .

The file is placed in /etc/init.d/rc5.d.

VampyreUK

A Solution :-)

Hi,

I seem to have a solution (though I don't fully understand it yet):

mount -t smbfs -o username=ntuser,password=ntpass,uid=lxuser,gid=lxuser,fmask=0775,dmask=0755 //ntserver/ntshare /mnt/lxmountpoint

That seems to work :-)

VampyreUK