Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Server Red Hat and error message Destination Host Unreachable

Thread: Server Red Hat and error message Destination Host Unreachable

Associate

Server Red Hat and error message Destination Host Unreachable

The Linux server Red Hat that I have got at my lab is giving me this error :

((Destination Host Unreachable.....))

Its NIC is up, and IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway is fine, the Cisco switch where it connected is configured correctly, but neither any one can ping this Red Hat Server nor it can ping any one on the same network.

Switch shows green light , that means physical connection (NIC, cable) should be ok.

If I unplugged the server and plugged my laptop instead, they can ping each other (switch and other PCs and laptop)

I even added the default router under the properties of NIC on Red
    Hat Server....it didn't make any difference.

1- Beside the firewall (enabling and disabling) that I have to check

2- Can I uninstall TCP/IP and reinstall it again (If that feasible like windows)?
    Last edited by zillah; 04-28-2007 at 04:18 AM.

Post RE: Server Red Hat and error message Destination Host Unreachable

Have a look at /etc/hosts file, make sure that the line
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    is present along with your FQDN. The other file I often have trouble with is the /etc/resolv.conf. Make sure the ip address of your DNS servers (primary and secondary) are present
    Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can you ping your default gateway? Is the subnet mask on both machines the same or correct? Does the DHCP information the laptop receive the same as that configured on the server (except the gateway information)?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

Associate
    The Linux server Red Hat that I have got at my lab
    IP are static addresses that means I have not used DHCP.

Is the subnet mask on both machines the same or correct
    If I unplugged the server and plugged my laptop instead, they can ping each other (switch and other PCs and laptop)
    I have used same ip address for the server and laptop.

Do you see any mac addresses associated with the interface? If not you could have a bad cable or NIC card.

What does your tcpdump output look like when you attempt the ping? If you see traffic in only one direction, that could provide a clue.

My sites:
    -

Typos in subnet masks can be tricky.

Two hosts.

a) 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    b) 192.168.1.16 255.255.255.240

(A) will think that (B) is on the same network, but (B) won't think that (A) is on its network.

Can you ping the default gateway?

My sites:
    -