Thread: What does it take to play a divx movie

What does it take to play a divx movie

Ok I got a divx movie it's the Matrix it is 606MB big. I have an 550 AMD K6-2 shouldn't I be able to play it? I got to see if it plays in windows. But should be able to play the movie. I compieled mplayer myself and it dosent play right the audio is faster than the video.. I hear the audio then like a while then I see the seen...

Re: What does it take to play a divx movie

Right now I am watching the movie in windows with no problems.. WTF is wrong that I can't watch it in Linux?

At http://www.divx.com/divx/linux/ you can download the divx player for Linux. Maybe this will do it.
    You can also try xine. I had my problems with mplayer too (couldn't even get it to compile ... but it's on my todo for next weekend).

the video looks smooth the audio sounds smooth but they are just not at the same time.. I hear door close, and see it close five seconds apart... Not sure what is wrong. It is not like in slow motion.. It is just like out of sync... this is with mplayer.. Divx player is a piece of crap i tried it and it **kinda** worked the first time but then it had a bunch of seg faults..

With mplayer, use the -framedrop option so that it will skip some frames in order to keep the sound and video in sync. I had the same problem when I used mplayer, too.

With mplayer, use the -framedrop option so that it will skip some frames in order to keep the sound and video in sync. I had the same problem when I used mplayer, too.
    Not sure what was mplayer's problem but when I did that it would play one frame then 5 sec later of audio I would get the next frame

What I did is download the newest version of mplayer and compiled it and now I am able to use that option and it works well enough

(couldn't even get it to compile ... )
    What was the problem anyway? If you're using GCC 2.96 did you disable GCC checking?

./configure --disable-gcc-checking

Or something. :

Download Aviplay
    I can play full screen DivX 700 Mb. CDs with
    perfect audio video sync and no frame drops.

To sync the audio and video is really easy in mplayer. just hit the - and + keys on your number pad. of course it helps to have the osd(on screen display) enabled to see your delay timing. I have found this to be one of the most valuable of mplayer's plethora of features.