Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Starting a new site... how to make it popular ?

Thread: Starting a new site... how to make it popular ?

Starting a new site... how to make it popular ?

Hello friends,
    I am new in making a site popular, so can anyone guide me in this case that how to submit the site in different search engines and directories and how to optimize the site ranking and in which other ways the site popularity can be increased.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by bendgamine View Post
    Hello friends,
    I am new in making a site popular, so can anyone guide me in this case that how to submit the site in different search engines and directories and how to optimize the site ranking and in which other ways the site popularity can be increased.. ?
    To add your url to google try this
    And also try to add the <meta> tag to your pages like this one from openfree itself:
    Code:
    <meta name="keywords" content="Linux,how to,tutorial,operating system,linux,red hat,mandrake,security,linux, news, software, Slackware, Red Hat, Fedora, KDE, Gnome, Debian, Ubuntu, Knoppix, Tech support, help,installation,question,forums,linux,help,linux,operating,system,free,linux,linux,commands,linux,download,windows,XP,vista,OLPC" />
    <meta name="description" content="A highly interactive forum community for Linux, Open Source, Windows and OLPC users with inquiring minds" />
    (View->Page Source on Firefox).
    The search engines will look at those keywords to find information about your
    page.
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...