Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

install and uninstall from source

Thread: install and uninstall from source

install and uninstall from source

Hi,
    To install a program from the source code I use ./configure && make && make install. Now my question is how to uninstall a program which installed in this way?
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...

Have a look at the Makefile, sometimes the authors put in an uninstall option

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It depends. The ./configure && make && make install just compile and copy the files to wherever the author of the application set it up to copy. Uninstalling it varies by application. As mechdave said, some have make uninstall routines on the source code. Others don't bother to do that, and you have to end up fishing the files out manually.
    That's why package managers are recommended.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.