Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FC6 and NTFS file system

Thread: FC6 and NTFS file system

FC6 and NTFS file system

Hi,
    I want to mount NTFS file systems in FC6, so I installed fuse and ntfsprogs, but it when I try to mount the file system, It fails.
    How can I do that?
    This will be over soon, and then I can ...

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Before posting in this thread, I googled and found that page, and I downloaded the files except for fuse-libs and ntfsprogs-gnomevfs because there no such files on the Fedora extras page.
    I dowloaded all fuse* and ntfs* and installed them with RPM and did the rest according to the instructions but it failed.

When you say it failed, what do you mean? Do you get an error? Were you unable to install the packages? did you load the modules?

Regarding the missing files, I noticed that the article points to the Extras repository for FC6. I can see the files you are missing on that repository. You might want to enable extras on your yum settings, or just download them manually.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

It gives an error message that fs type ntfs-3g is not supported.
    I solved it this way:

I got the fuse and ntfs-3g source and installed them, It works fine when I mount the drives manually, except for this warning:
    Code:
    [root@localhost winy]# mount /dev/hda1 c/ -t ntfs-3g -r -o umask=0222
    WARNING: Deficient Linux kernel detected. Some driver features are
             not available (swap file on NTFS, boot from NTFS by LILO), and
             unmount is not safe unless it's made sure the ntfs-3g process
             naturally terminates after calling 'umount'. If you wish this
             message to disappear then you should upgrade to at least kernel
             version 2.6.20, or request help from your distribution to fix
             the kernel problem. The below web page has more information:
             http://ntfs-3g.org/support.html#fuse26
    The solution is here: http://www.ntfs-3g.org/support.html.
    But there is another problem, I have edited the /etc/fstab to mount the drives at boot, but when the system boots, It gives an error message and says I should run modprobe fuse first, how should I solve this one?

You could load the module at bootup.
    I'm sure there is a more elegant way of doing it, but I would just add a line to /etc/rc.local to load the module at bootup.

Code:
    /sbin/modprobe fuse

I did that but I still get that error message and another one (which I forgot to post before) and it is that fuse fails to create mount point : Permission denied.