Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Some sort of PATH problem...

Thread: Some sort of PATH problem...

Some sort of PATH problem...

Hi!

I installed gtkam from rpm and when I try to start it it says:

Code:
    black666@starbase:~> gtkam
    bash: /opt/gnome/bin/gtkam: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    black666@starbase:~>
    "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means "File or Directory not found" in english (yeah, I have a german Suse 8.0 install)

But it's actually in /usr/bin:

Code:
    black666@starbase:/usr/bin> ls -l gtkam
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root    251512 Mai 27 04:50 gtkam
    black666@starbase:/usr/bin>
    So why does it try to find gtkam /opt/gnome/bin/gtkam when it's in /usr/bin ??

Is this some sort of PATH problem?

Re: Some sort of PATH problem...

is there a config file you can modifiy for gtkam ? I have had RPMs that had paths messed up. one way to fix would be edit the offedning file, you could get the source rpm, install it, edit the spec file. of course this is assuming the problem is a bad config

Kind Mastermind

Re: Some sort of PATH problem...

"Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means "File or Directory not found" in english (yeah, I have a german Suse 8.0 install)
    On a slight tangent, several years ago one of my friends had a wfw 3.11 problem. *She asked me if I could fix it. *I said that I would try, never thinking that she had a German computer (since she is German). *I tried for about an hour to fix her problem, but I could never get to the heart of it. *Part of the problem lays with my very bad German (she was hosting a party of our friends at the time, so she couldn't sit there and translate most of the time) and the other part with M$. *Oh, well. *End of tangent. * ;D