Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how to mount sony ericsson phone?

Thread: how to mount sony ericsson phone?

Associate

Question how to mount sony ericsson phone?

Hai friends
    I have a problem mounting the phone we have tried it as mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb. It is asking for the file system type can u tell me how to get the file system.
    I verified the hardware browser it has shown me that the drive as USB Devicefat16, what could be the file system type can u please give full description of that.

Post mounting mobile phone

the mount command that should mount it is:

[mechdave@localhost]$ mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb

try "man mount" for the full explanation on the mount command.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate

Question sorry i didn't mentioned before

i have tried this also mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb it was not accepting the file system type, i had checked and tried different types but it did not accept that file type.

From a bit of googling, it seems like your mounting string should do the trick. Since it is not working, this leads me to believe that perhaps you are not pointing to the right usb device. What makes you think that the phone is being seen as /dev/sdb1? Also, what is the exact error message you get?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Post Mounting the phone...

On the back of Trickster's comment, plug in your phone to the usb and then open a terminal and type "dmesg" that should tell you what you just plugged in and where it is accosiated in the devices.

eg.
    usb-storage: device found at 4
    usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
    scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access FUJITSU MHT2060AT 0022 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
    SCSI device sda: 117210240 512-byte hdwr sectors (60012 MB)

That is part of what dmesg tells me about my usb hard drive note the last line, that is the name of the device. so to mount it "mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/whatever/directory" (the 1 for the first partition on that device) would work, as long as you have kernel support for the partition type. Also some phones have various settings for access to them via usb cable, (address books and number management etc). Make sure your phone is set to mass storage so Linux can see them as a memory stick or similar.

Good Luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Actually, phone devices ARE NOT mounted the same as other USB devices such as camera or USB HDDs.

My Motorola Razr V3 mount it at " /dev/ttyACM0 " where ACM reflect the device type. I mount my wife's LG phone as ACM1. Try that.

Also check out KMobileTools. It's a very nice tool and I have had luck with some version but not the others. The last version I tried was 0.4.3.1 but I got problems with 0.4.3.2 and .3 so I falled back. SVN versions have a lot more features than stable versions but then again, lots of fiddling isn't too pretty for someone like me who don't have much time.

Hope this helps. I don't come to this forum that often anymore so if you need more help, see my sig.

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!