Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Remote Connection to MySql

Thread: Remote Connection to MySql

Question Remote Connection to MySql

Hello,

I want to connect to mysql from remote server.When i telnet, i get the following:

telnet 127.0.0.1 3306
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    Some garbage values:

4.1.11`RYG:*b0h<1~L?74?~#+
    and after 2-3 seconds connection is closed automatically.

Connection closed by foreign host.
    Can anyone tell me, what's the problem?

Good Guru
    Out of curiousity, what would happen if you hit the real IP of the machine? Such as you have 1.2.3.4 as your IP, what would

telnet 1.2.3.4

Do? Also I would kill iptables for now to ensure that the firewall isn't blocking you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I get the same situation with the ip-address.The firewall is disabled.

Good Guru
    how did you install mysql? If you used the rpms from Fedora or Red Hat, did you initialize any users or a database?

If you didn't, I would refer to the following resource for some quick tips:
    http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/basicmysql.shtml

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't recall if i had this exact problem...

I was trying to use mysql as a remote web server and one of the key things to getting it working was disabling SELinux. I am using Fedora so the file is "/etc/selinux/config". You want to change the line "SELINUX=enforcing" to "SELINUX=disabled". Then bounce the machine. From then on it will boot with out SELinux. Hopefully helpful. Also have you tried to ssh into the machine and then run mysql. If this doesn't work you will need to add the host you are connecting from to the list of allowed hosts in the mysql database.