Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

HP Laptop NC6000 and wireless

Thread: HP Laptop NC6000 and wireless

HP Laptop NC6000 and wireless

Hello, I have a HP Laptop NC6000 and installed Ubuntu on it, the wireless network worked automatic without a problem. Until one time it just stopped working, no reason at all.

So I installed again, no luck, installed fedora - no luck, even installed XP but yet again no wife.

Is anyone here familiar with some known problem to wifi and laptops or just this type (HP nc6000)

It sucks because it’s useless to sit on the couch with a laptop and a cable in it.
    Firmware for the wifi adapter or bios is al windows based and I have fedora installed now)

Are there any tricks I can try?

Thanks

Can you see the wireless card on the BIOS? Does the operating system actually see the card?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

yes it shows in the bios as intel wireless device, but i cant configure anything there.
    last thing I heard is that it might be a knows issue with teh HP NC6000 and it is suposed to be a bug in the bios.. but i do not realy buy that.
    perhaps its just broken,,,