Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Squid configuration document
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squid configuration document

Post Squid configuration document

Hi am new to this group, can any one send squid configuration document for me..........

What about the configuration guide pointed at on their site?

Squid 3.0 Configuration Manual
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Post Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    What about the configuration guide pointed at on their site?

Squid 3.0 Configuration Manual

Hi....
    That link is really superb....... Can u send any other document like this......
    For samba, Apache server etc.......

Advisor
    Have you tried looking at their site ? Apache or look at the default pages documentation once it's installed. Samba aswell...
    Usualy they have a Documentation section, that might be the first place to look.
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

I tried samba

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Have you tried looking at their site ? Apache or look at the default pages documentation once it's installed. Samba aswell...
    Usualy they have a Documentation section, that might be the first place to look.

Hi i tried samba configuration...... everything is fine..... its giving error as access denied when i copy any file in that folder........ I given full permission to that folder....... but still am getting the same error......

Unfortunately, there is no way we can troubleshoot this without you telling us exactly (in very detailed steps) what you did, what the exact error is and what situation causes the error.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Question samba error

Unfortunately, there is no way we can troubleshoot this without you telling us exactly (in very detailed steps) what you did, what the exact error is and what situation causes the error.
    Hi i installed samba server...... and i edited the /etc/samba/smb.conf file....

[shared]
    path =/usr/filename
    public = yes
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    create mask = 5777

And i started the samba service.........

After that i got error....... Cannot copy file or folder. Access is denied.

But i gave full permission to that folder......

Do you get the error when starting the service or copying a file to the shared folder?

Did you assign rights to that particular user to the physical folder on the server? (By using chmod/chgrp)

Thumbs up I gave full permission

Do you get the error when starting the service or copying a file to the shared folder?

Did you assign rights to that particular user to the physical folder on the server? (By using chmod/chgrp)
    Hi i said know... i gave full permission to that file...... And i created samba user also...... am able to open the file.... only thing i cant copy files in the folder.....

Can you tell me how did you granted these permissions?
    Also, how are you mounting the share on the remote computer? Was it mounted read only?