Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Using mesg

Thread: Using mesg

Hybrid View

Question Using mesg

I would like to use mesg in my computer to communicate with other users, as a default it comes mesg n, I change it to mesg y, but when I reboot the computer again mesg comes up as n.

How can I make this change permanent? (mesg y)

Put a shell script in your /usr/local/etc/rc.d folder called mesg.sh, chmod 755 that file, and add these contents to the file:

#!/bin/sh
    mesg y

That is if that's the command to make it "y".
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's normally set at terminal level.
    Therefore you will want to put that line in your .profile (or equivalent) or /etc/profile (or equivalent) to make it system wide.