Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

A list of free & reliable applications for Linux

Thread: A list of free & reliable applications for Linux

A list of free & reliable applications for Linux

Hi,

I am using Fedora Core 5 32+ bit as my OS. I want to have a good list of different types (image editing, security, text editors etc.) of free/open source softwares for Linux OS, that I can just download, install and use without much fuss. I searched and came across these 2 sites, but are there any more standard ones that I can just visit and make sure that the applications listed there are stable releases and reliable in every sense. Here are the 2 sites in question:

1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ftware_packages

2.http://www.linux.org/apps/

I am learning Linux as of now and want to try a few open source/free apps.

Thanks.

Good Guru
    Here is my first whack at one.

http://www.schotty.com/wordpress/?page_id=39

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schotty View Post
    Here is my first whack at one.

http://www.schotty.com/wordpress/?page_id=39
    Your list is showing blank, or is that intended? /me ducks
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Umm, works fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Schotty View Post
    Umm, works fine here.
    Thanks...........

Associate
    I always thought that one of the good points of Linux (as opposed to Unix as well as Windows) was the idea of a distribution. With distros like Fedora and Debian, their repositories (and the independent ones like Dries, Freshrpms, and Livna for Fedora) contain almost everything you'll every need: all of it tested, and all of it able to be updated in one operation. I'd never go fishing for software until I'd tried all the repositories.