Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Determine RH Version From Command Line

Thread: Determine RH Version From Command Line

Determine RH Version From Command Line

Can anyone point me to a command that gives the version of Red Hat, from the command prompt? I have easy ssh access to quite a few RH machines at my new job, but some are in different states, so a bit of a problem walking up to the console.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

uname -a will give you all the details, eg
    Code:
    mechdave@localhost$] uname -a
    Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6 #1 SMP Sat Feb 10 15:03:33 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Use the "cat" command to look inside either one of these files.

Code:
    [root@bigboy ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release 
    Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
    [root@bigboy ~]# cat /etc/fedora-release 
    Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
    [root@bigboy ~]#

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

Champion! Thanks to both of you.

version of RHEL

You can also see through cat /etc/issue, or just go to the terminal window (ctrl-alt-F1) and there you can see the version above the login option.