Thread: Data recovery problem

Hybrid View

Data recovery problem

I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing. I called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on my machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as the optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!). They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they need to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any data retrieved thus far. As you can imagine Iím really nervous/upset/worried about this. I have heard through several people that there is always a way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away to a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do these places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just need all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to send my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data?

Recovering your data is worth whatever your data is worth to you.

In my experience, data recovery companies tend to charge between $300 to $1500, depending on the ammount of data and the complexity. Sometimes not all data is recoverable, but most of the time, some data is.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Re:Data recovery problem

Yes, these places really work. They use techniques which can include the disassembly of the drive and direct examination of the drive surface. Depending on just what is necessary (it is unlikely that your drive requires anything that extreme, but hard drives that have been through fires often do), it could be several thousand dollars. I most certainly hope more conventional methods of data recovery will prove effective. There are many companies doing data recovery services. Try Salvage Recovery Lab. I contacted them once and I got my problem solved. They got 90% of my data back. I was extremely happy to get my data back. You can call them at 1 203-973-0242. I think you will have to send the drive physically.

Good Guru
    Again these places have saved customers of mine. Depending on how far they need to go the rate will fluctuate. Obviously spending a buttload of time with an electron microscope is more than just swapping circuit boards or moving the platters out (not that the latter is cheap, but can be done under $1000 most of the time, as the e-scope is in teh area of $2000).

Re: Data Recovery Problem

Quote Originally Posted by kalebken View Post
    I posted last week about my computer (15" pbook g4 1.33 GHz) crashing. I called Mac outfitters today to see how the repairs/stauts was on my machine. They said that the hard drive needs replaced as well as the optical drive (I just had a new optical drive installed 6 months ago!). They said they tried a few ways to get the data off but that they need to try several other things, too. Apparently there hasn't been any data retrieved thus far. As you can imagine Iím really nervous/upset/worried about this. I have heard through several people that there is always a way to get the data off and that sometimes you have to send it away to a company that specializes in this. I guess my question is: do these places really work? I really don't care what the price is...I just need all of my lost data. Any thoughts or recommendations of a place to send my hard drive if Mac outfitters cannot successfully mine my data?

It seems this problem has not been solved through various forums

Well i feel the same. Their are good data recovery companies which provide data recovery software to recover the corrupt or inaccessible data. You can try Kernel data recovery software too in your case. Visit here: http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/D...-Software.html

The Kernel range is effective and result-oriented software range.

Hope this helps..

For data recovery service you can consult Stellar Information, they deals in data recovery services as well as data recovery software. They have a policy if no data recovered no money. They will analyze your hard drive free of cost and will send you the report. If your are satisfied then recovery of your data will take place and will be charged according to the service required.
    For more information you can visit: http://www.stellarinfo.com/data_recovery_services.htm