Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
How to "activate" FTP

Thread: How to "activate" FTP

How to "activate" FTP

Hi

I am trying to use FTP, but I cannot use FTP either over a website or trying to connect to cuteFTP.

If I do nmap it says FTP is closed. I need to find out how to open the FTP port/service.

Thanks
    Mad

Quote Originally Posted by madreid
    Hi

I am trying to use FTP, but I cannot use FTP either over a website or trying to connect to cuteFTP.

If I do nmap it says FTP is closed. I need to find out how to open the FTP port/service.

Thanks
    Mad
    Im not sure what distribution you are using but on Redhat and Fedora, if you run, from the terminal console, "chkconfig --list | grep ftpd" that will tell you if you have an FTP daemon installed (there are several). If you do, then you can start with "service ftpd start"

If the chkconfig indicates that it is installed and running (indicated by "on") then you may wish to look at possibly your firewall (iptables) to see if port 21 and/or 22 is open for connections.