Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FC6 Installed

Thread: FC6 Installed

FC6 Installed

I have finally got fedora core 6 installed. I wasn't able to get it working on external drive so I put it on ubuntu's partition. Last time I used a RH was version 8.

Not a bad looking distro. Only thing is I can't figure out how to add multimedia codecs and flash stuff. Or anything else not included.

Anybody have any links or suggestions on configuring it?

Thnx.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

FC6 is OK. The big thing I noticed was that the BIND /etc files are split out differently. The traditional named.conf file is split into 2 or three sections in different files, and there is a different configuration file for configuring a caching name server. If that file is present, then named.conf isn't used at all.

Still learning it. I'd prefer to use the new method as the web documentation will soon forget the old way.

The yum daemon is now yum-updatesd.

Quote Originally Posted by pbharris View Post
    Thnx for the link...it was just what I needed.

Since late Nov. 06, I had installed FC6 onto my ext. usb hard drive and finally, finally, got it to boot.

I didn't give up but just kept pecking away until I found the info that help me get it working.

On a bad note, I need to reinstall it since my main box has changed.