Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

democracy problem

Thread: democracy problem

democracy problem

ok heres the deal. I am using Ubuntu edgy on a 64bit system trying to install democracy from the site. I DL the right file, then it tells me to:

* install the packages mozilla-browser and mozilla-psm from ubuntu's repositories with the following command (or using Synaptic Package Manager): sudo apt-get install mozilla-browser mozilla-psm (i did this)

* double click (or right click and select "Open with gdebi") on the deb files so they are opened with gdebi, first democracyplayer-data_0.8.4.1-1_all.deb and after that democracyplayer_0.8.4.1-1_i386.deb

when I try to open with gdebi i get this error: Conflicts with the installed package 'j2re1.4'
    I am new to Ubuntu, very noobish i need some help fixing this.

P.S. i am trying to use other video players because when i click any video file to open with VLC or moive player it auto logs me out! then i have to re login

Hi,

I googled your error code, and the first result was this link:

http://www.getdemocracy.com/news/200...t-common-bugs/

Towards the end, it tells you what to do.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

thanks ill give this a try