Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DNS configuration in debian

Thread: DNS configuration in debian

DNS configuration in debian

hi all

i would like to know about dns configuration in debian distribution. before i used centOS to configure dns. now i would like to use debian. but i dnt knw how to implement this in debian.

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

dns configuration in debian

i installed like that, bt still i didnt get named directory in var, and 'bindconfig' that command is not found.

What version of bind are you using? if it is a newere version than 8.2.1, did you notice what the article says about bindconfig: "This program doesn't exist in bind versions 8.2.1 and higher."?

If you are using a newer version, please note how the article says to ignore the steps about bindconfig, and follow the Advance configuration.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

i have installed bind9 1:9.3.2-p1-2 .

9.3.2 is higher than 8.2.1. Please see my previous post.

i did, bt when i restart bind9 , it shows like,

Stopping domain name service...: bindrndc: connect failed: connection refused
    failed!
    Starting domain name service...: bind failed!

Can you post what exact steps you took?

Also, by googling your error code, I found this:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3603
    You might want to look at it, as well as googling your error code to see if you find additional information.

I've had the same problem with one of my Debian servers. Since I rarely restart bind, I simply execute 'pkill named' before running the script to start it. I can't remember exactly what caused it, but I want to say it was because I had installed bind9 over bind8 without removing bind8 first, and then removing it after.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.