Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Vista??

Thread: Vista??

Mentor

Vista??

Well has anyone used it yet?

I hear it is plagued with the same old MS problems alot of driver issues and not much software works with it.

Anyone have anything good to say about it?

I'm sure everyone that has asked me this is getting sick of hearing it, but I think Vista is the new WindowsME. Another slapped together version between two good releases. Since they removed WinFS for this release, (since they couldn't finish it) it's nothing more than WindowsXP with an Aqua-isk UI taking more resources, and doing nothing more.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perhaps another great example of Microsofts "undocumented features"?

I ended up removing it from my laptop, due to slow performance and compatibility issues with some applications.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Can you post specs for reference trickster?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sure. Dell Latitude D810, Pentium M 2.13, 2gigs of ram, Radeon X300 64mb, 80gb hard drive. I did an upgrade form XP, so that might have had contributed to the problems.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Mentor
    http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/20...age&frame=true

this might help on the cpu usage.

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Sure. Dell Latitude D810, Pentium M 2.13, 2gigs of ram, Radeon X300 64mb, 80gb hard drive. I did an upgrade form XP, so that might have had contributed to the problems.
    Yeah, I could see not doing a fresh install being an issue, or setting it up to dual-boot. I might try it sometime, but I doubt I'll shell out any money anytime soon to get it. I did get to look at it on a system that didn't have as good of a video card as yours, and worked nicely. Of course the RAM was pretty much used up.

yeah i have used it a bit, it has a few driver problems and some moter boards are hard to raid (making you look long and hard for the new vista raid drivers for them) and as far as i can see there are only a few new features that makes it any diffrent from xp

1. windows faned thing(displays windows you have open in the 3d file like look, it really just a new way to do alt tab)

2. hover preveiw (when you hover over the task bar buttons they show a little preview of what the window is that relates to the button)

3. see through windows( this will let you see through the windows just sort of cool but really not of any use)

4.new games

5.side bar gadgets (really not of nay use seening as you already have most of the stuff with the normal window.

so there it is windows vista is not all that great yet if i was thinking of the best time to buy it i would think in about 2 years would be a good time.

well, for I did installed Vista and it gave me severe headache then I gave up. I don't like vista that much. Whatever it is, XP is the best OS Microsoft has ever released till now I guess..

Katie