Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can i install Olympus DSS player under WIne in Linux

Thread: Can i install Olympus DSS player under WIne in Linux

Thumbs up Can i install Olympus DSS player under WIne in Linux

Hi,

im trying to install DSS player under wine in LINUX... But i heard that wine doesnt support DSS player.. then which version of wine i should install ????

Thanx and Regards
    Vivek MR

Hi,

There is no need to post the same issue twice in different forums. It will definitely not get you help any sooner.

I assume that by DSS Player you are talking about the software for Olympus cameras. Unfortunately, most applications like that include and depend on the binary driver that's compiled for Windows, and it is highly unlikely it will work under linux.

That said, I am pretty sure there might be alternative, linux native applications that might be able to fulfill your needs.

If you let us know what you would like to accomplish with this application, we might be able to point you in the right direction.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

From the looks of it, your best bet might be using VMware. I'm not 100% sure that it will work, but I'm not seeing any better chance in Linux at all. If VMware can see the hardware correctly, you should be ok.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.