Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Error in yum? Please help

Thread: Error in yum? Please help

Error in yum? Please help

I get an error --Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running. Aborting.-- when trying to install packages using yum... can anyone please help me?

Either something else is using yum at the same time - another user or the automated update service - or yum crashed at some point and did not remove the lock.

If you are sure no one else is running it, you might want to try restarting the pc to clear the lock. If that doesn't work, you can manually delete the lock file
    Code:
    rm -rf /var/run/yum.pid
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Thanks man...

Trickster,it worked..Thanks a lot