Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LDAP entry in LTIF file format

Thread: LDAP entry in LTIF file format

Question LDAP entry in LTIF file format

help me out with some script so, that i can make entry of my 3000 records from sql to LDAP in LTIF file format..

You could write a script to dump the data into a file that resembles /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and then use the migrate_passwd.pl script to convert it into LDIF format.

Here is a basic migrate_passwd.pl user guide.

I'm sure there are other ways, but this the simplest one I can think of. Passwords would be a problem if the DB stores them in a non Linux encryption format so that creation of a /etc/shadow clone would be difficult. There may be functions out there that can return an encrypted password Linux style password out there, assuming you can decrypt the DB passwords in the first place.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try this LDIF converter tool too.

My sites:
    -

Thumbs up thanx

will try to implement...
    Last edited by nittugeorge; 01-23-2007 at 10:47 AM.