Thread: server monitering

Cool server monitering

hi,
    i have installed redhat CentOS (running Apache web server on it).i want to know which steps should i follow to moniter the server and how will i come to know that server is running fine without any problem or in next few coming days there may be problem to server.
    i.e i want to know which parameters are need to be moitered and how to moniter so as to get the exact status of server.
    will u pls help me in this matter.

You could try Nagios or Big Brother for monitoring. Both are free. The setup can be time consuming depending on the level of detail you need in the monitoring, but they work well.

There is also a simple website monitoring script in the PETs (the page that made me join actually). You can add it to a cron job. It works well for my site.

Thumbs up server monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    You could try Nagios or Big Brother for monitoring. Both are free. The setup can be time consuming depending on the level of detail you need in the monitoring, but they work well.

There is also a simple website monitoring script in the PETs (the page that made me join actually). You can add it to a cron job. It works well for my site.
    thank u very much for guiding me in this problem.i will be in touch with u through this forum.