Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

anyone else use myspace ?

Thread: anyone else use myspace ?

anyone else use myspace ?

some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the fame,
    some guys get all the breaks, some guys they do nothing but complain.-----Rod Stewart

I've been thinking about it. I signed up for facebook, but I didn't see any real benefits. Looked like hype.

How do you use myspace? Is it any different? There must be something there or elese so many people wouldn't use it.

Maybe it's just me

I honestly don't see why I should, MySpace is overrated not to mention one of the single worse designed pages in the world.

I'm a traditionalist, I run my own blog, I write about technology - I realise that I'm not interesting, the first step of MySpace recovery.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree. There are lots of free blogging sites, like wordpress.com that are not as customizable, but work.

It looks like a good place to inter link advertisements for parties and concerts and create a buzz around them. For the more mundane things in life a regular blog seems fine.

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I agree. There are lots of free blogging sites, like wordpress.com that are not as customizable, but work.

It looks like a good place to inter link advertisements for parties and concerts and create a buzz around them. For the more mundane things in life a regular blog seems fine.
    Agreed. MySpace is very much hyped. And yes, I do like Wordpress. You can either build your own local server or host through their site.
    TANSTAAFL

heres the thing about myspace. its number one in size with
    number of members. you can put your pictures, music, and videos there.
    instead of comparing it to a blog (ONE of its sections is a blog)
    i would compare it to a fixed format webpage used by many bands
    (including my fave band, Gram Rabbit) to avoid the expense and difficulty
    of making your own website. Its free, its easy, its popular ,,,,,,,,
    good free publicity , some unknown bands get 50,000 views.
    some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the fame,
    some guys get all the breaks, some guys they do nothing but complain.-----Rod Stewart

I visited the Gram Rabbit site.

It looks like a single personalized page with a long thread of fan posts.

I can see the value in that if you don't have the time and inclination to do blog to do your own posting all the time.

Do companies have their own single home pages like this or is it geared towards people and personalities?

My sites:
    -

The thing is if MySpace was done right it should be good but it's just not there yet. I doubt it's time for something like MySpace be truly a part of life. Also it miffs me that I'm required to sign up just to click around and watch other people pictures to learn if I like the system.

I think we need a social networking system that's much more like Magnatune in it's mission, open, free and welcoming.

Once that happens, places like this will go away and become a social network within a social network instead. Personally I'd like to see social networking based on entirely open standards so I could integrate with my desktop where it makes sense, I think Red Hat' mugshot is a nice attempt at prototyping this concept.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

Good Guru
    My gainful employement allows for real space and a real domain that provides dignity in knowing that as fugly as my site can be, its still not as bad as myspace.

If you are broke or unwilling to pay the hsoting/domain fees, Wordpress, Vox, Blogger, Livejournal, Blogstream all are good and are a free and superior solution to MyCrap.