Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fluendo releases licensed codecs

Thread: Fluendo releases licensed codecs

Fluendo releases licensed codecs

I promised to scream about this from the tallest mountain there is, Fluendo just started selling their legal licensed implementations of many codecs. Finally there's a legal means of supporting these on your machine.

I've been beta testing these for over a year an they work smoothly.

https://shop.fluendo.com/
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Guru
    Thanks for the head's - up. I will be getting these ASAP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I forgot to mention, if you get the "all decoders pack", this means that you get every decoder they have now and in the future as decoders becomes available you will get the upgrade for free. Fluendo have hinted at a great array of plugins being in development, I'll poke you all when I get them for beta testing. Regardless at 28€ you will not get 100% legal codec support any cheaper.

Encoder packs are also being worked on, we already have had a wma encoder in testing for months and I hear a wmv encoder is being worked on.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

Good Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovechild View Post
    I forgot to mention, if you get the "all decoders pack", this means that you get every decoder they have now and in the future as decoders becomes available you will get the upgrade for free. Fluendo have hinted at a great array of plugins being in development, I'll poke you all when I get them for beta testing. Regardless at 28€ you will not get 100% legal codec support any cheaper.

Encoder packs are also being worked on, we already have had a wma encoder in testing for months and I hear a wmv encoder is being worked on.
    Wow!

I did not know that tidbit. However that is what I bought anyhow. I have zero problem paying the pittance that they are asking for %100 legal solutions. Too bad it costs, but so does life. Depending on MS, Apple, or Real at this point is an unfortunate truth for %85 of the web.