Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What this utility is for?

Thread: What this utility is for?

What this utility is for?

Today my team lead just told me about this utility. Actually i was looking to get some specific system information from Java ... he told me to look around this utility and look for some Java integration. can someone help me out?

Code:
    windows\system32\wbem\wbem

I'm no expert on Java, but these links should be helpful:
    1. The WBEM Homepage
    2. WBEM on Wikipedia

It looks like an API to control hardware/software through a standardized programming interface. Looks like it may be useful in manufacturing / embedded Linux environments.

Wikipedia says "In summary, the WBEM architecture allows the manufacturer of a device or developer of a service to provide a standards-compliant management interface to that device simply and cheaply".

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks for the reply but that is not what i am looking for. i am talking about the utility that windows have in the specified path i wrote in my last post. the java part comes later when we are going to use it. but right now i am looking to know what that utility exactly do and if someone can help me to search for its tutorials. I have googled it but i have not find any thing specific to that utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    thanks for the reply but that is not what i am looking for. i am talking about the utility that windows have in the specified path i wrote in my last post. the java part comes later when we are going to use it. but right now i am looking to know what that utility exactly do and if someone can help me to search for its tutorials. I have googled it but i have not find any thing specific to that utility.

The only thing I found was it is in the same realms as working with Windows WMI tools. But as far as tutorials or examples I have had no luck as well.
    RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

|
    |