Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Relay in Sendmail!

Thread: Relay in Sendmail!

Question Relay in Sendmail!

Hello!

I am using linuxconf to perform different settings on sendmail.I want to disable spams completely.Now,in my linuxconf in:

Config -> Networking -> Mail delivery system(sendmail) -> Basic -> Configure basic information

, we have tab "features".By default i have "Block open relay(ORDB)" selected and "Enable relay control (spammers)" is not selected.

Now i want to know do i have to select "Enable relay control (spammers)" also in order to completely block relay or is it already blocked?.

Why we use "Enable relay control (spammers)"?
    Last edited by honey bee; 12-21-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Question

Hello!

How can i test my system on local network that whether relay is enabled for sendmail or not?

Hi,

I wish I could help you, but it seems no on on this forum is really experienced on doing this.
    If I were you, I'd subscribe and post to the lunxconf mailing list or the sendmail mailing list.

HTH
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Smile

Thanks for the reply.I have also posted my question there and reply for my first question is:

Yes relaying is disabled by default.

Regards!