Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

HELP!!!

Thread: HELP!!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here and in desperate need of help. Every time I try to install SP2, I get the blue screen. This occurs every time after SP2 has installed. It would be running:" processes after install" when the computer crashes. Upon rebooting, the computer restores its original SP1 configuration. Then I have to go uninstall SP2. After this happens, none of my hardware works until the next boot up, when windows reinstalls drivers for everything. Does anyone know how I can install SP2 successfully? Additionally, I have a genuine 2002 version of XP, so it's not pirated.

Thanks,
    Johnny

There are several reasons that SP2 might have issues installing. Spyware/Adware can cause problems, drivers can cause problems, etc. It would be easier to diagnose your problem if you relate what error code you are seeing on your BSOD.

That is tough to tell. The blue screen is on only for a fraction of a second. Additionally, I disabled all spyware, adware and anti-virus programs and went to the microsoft website and downloaded their checker to see if you have some particular adware. That turned up negative. I also uninstalled all of my peripheral objects. Printer, mouse, sound card, etc. and made sure all of my drivers are up to date.What bugs me is that I have installed SP2 on this machine before. I got a new hard drive and only now is it not installing. The software and drivers are all the same as before. The drive I have now is a 7200 rpm Seagate 100 gig SATA for a laptop. I can't see why this alone could cause SP2 to crash.

Thanks,
    Johnny

Disable the auto-reboot, then you should be able to read the blue screen and see what crashed. Right click 'My computer' -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery, uncheck automatically restart.

I'll do that.

Thanks!