Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

News: Top Five OS stories for 2006

Thread: News: Top Five OS stories for 2006

News: Top Five OS stories for 2006

About the only one I agree with is the debate over version 3 of the GPL heating up and (hopefully!) a serious contender to Exchange will step up to the plate. (Is there anything even out there??)

Desktop linux will continue to gain momentum. Resistance is futile.

Article
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Blame schools

I wish I could way in more of an opinion, but not working for the past couple years has put me behind on a lot of topics. But I think part of the problem is so many colleges/universities don't give open source technologies enough attention. If they started teaching these as the stronger, better, way of doing things (or just teaching them more) then there would be more people with a firm understanding of these technologies allowing for easier transitions away for the current big names. As it is now only those going out of their way that learn anything about them.

Mentor

Resistance is Fatal

I sure am glad your back jro

Good article, do you have that uber-server/fibre thingy doing webcrawling for you?

Naw, I do pleanty of web crawling. I keep all the interesting sites in my del.icio.us account. I guess a computer that runs 24/7 and never takes breaks might be able to do it more efficiently, by not much. :P
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7