Thread: IE7 botched up Win2003

Hello, I deployed IE7 earlier today, but it seems users are none too happy with it. I uninstalled it on Win2K3 but it seems IE6 is now broken. e.g. whenever someone enters a URL in the address field IE starts popping new windows randomly and the original link never opens. I don't have system restore enabled so short of reinstalling the server what can be done to alleviate this problem? I can't re-upgrade to IE7 either. Please help!

Originally posted by PhakeDC@Oct 23 2006, 02:47 PM
    Hello, I deployed IE7 earlier today, but it seems users are none too happy with it. I uninstalled it on Win2K3 but it seems IE6 is now broken. e.g. whenever someone enters a URL in the address field IE starts popping new windows randomly and the original link never opens. I don't have system restore enabled so short of reinstalling the server what can be done to alleviate this problem? I can't re-upgrade to IE7 either. Please help!
    [snapback]6633[/snapback]
    Although this doesn't really help your situation as is, but I would suggest staying away from IE altogether. Firefox is a much better browser.

In regards to your issues, have you gone into Tools -> Internet Options -> "Programs" tab -> and clicked the "Reset Web Settings" button? It might help, it might not, unfortunately I don't have much experience with IE, as I am a FF user.