Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

PC shut down & SOBD

Thread: PC shut down & SOBD

Associate
    Was multiplaying last night, with 5-10 others & chat & fsNav windows on the screen, while vigorously manouvring, from high & short to get on the approach, the PC shutdown with ScreenOfBlueDeath then proceeded to restart.

It happened last week as well when I rejoined & again with same result.

I suffered a few weeks ago catastrophic failure, see Quote below, and managed with XP repair to get all back, whilst others said the same thing caused them to reformat etc.

Maybe my recovery was not complete?

Any help to avoid reformating will be appreciated.

Quote:-
    on Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:29pm, luke wroteownloaded & installed F-Secure, a new free internet security program pushed on to me by Barclays Bank.
    Then it asked to restart, it booted up to windows then BSOD flashed by, then shut down and started all over again and so on & on.
    Unable to get into Safe Mode. In XP pro sp2 the "F8" key gives menu to choose boot media, ie flopy cdrom etc.
    Used "Bart PE" boot CD and deleted all entries about that F-Secure internet security, then used its SpyPot (very old version) and fixed problems found (no viruses reported) but rebooting problem still exists.
    Any sugestions of what could be the problem?
    MODIFY:
    Run Repair xp and managed to get to Safe Mode. F-Secure was still there, deleted it again via Add Remove Progs, restarted and all now seem OK!, no reboots. Did AVGfree virus check with no results.
    Would still like to know, if possible, what caused this catastrofic upset.

Home build
    Asus A8N 32 sli deluxe
    Chipset nF4 SLI x16
    AMD 64 3.5+ Venice 2.2ghz
    Corsair twinx 2x512mb
    MSI 6600gt 128 PCI-E
    Maxtor sata 160mb
    PSU EZ cool 550w
    XP sp2
    X45

Have you tried looking at your logs? (error logs in particular) Also, what error is showing in the BSOD. If your PC restarts before you get a chance to read the error, try disabling the auto-reboot on error (right click my computer->properties->advanced->startup and recovey, uncheck automatically restart.) Also, your PC makes a minilog in c:\minidump.log (by default) assuming it can still use the drives on crashing.

Associate
    Originally posted by David Wright@Oct 18 2006, 11:13 PM
    Have you tried looking at your logs? (error logs in particular)* Also, what error is showing in the BSOD.* If your PC restarts before you get a chance to read the error, try disabling the auto-reboot on error (right click my computer->properties->advanced->startup and recovey, uncheck automatically restart.)* Also, your PC makes a minilog in c:\minidump.log (by default) assuming it can still use the drives on crashing.
    [snapback]6617[/snapback]
    no minidump.log in C:\, will report on BSOD error next time it occurs.
    Thanx