Thread: Upgrading from ME To XP PRO

when i try to upgrade I get a message the option to upgrade is not available unable to load file D:i386\win9xupg\w95upg.dll the system cannot find the file specified .I put it into google and it took me to microsoft knowledgebase and said it was a problem with roxiocd creator I uninstalled theis from the computer rebooted and im still getting the same error can anyone help

Originally posted by Gus@Oct 4 2006, 04:08 AM
    when i try to upgrade I get a message the option to upgrade is not available unable to load file D:i386\win9xupg\w95upg.dll the system cannot find the file specified .I put it into google and it took me to microsoft knowledgebase and said it was a problem with roxiocd creator I uninstalled theis from the computer rebooted and im still getting the same error can anyone help
    [snapback]6576[/snapback]
    Have you searched your PC to see if the string above is on your pc? It may be that all that is missing is the .dll. Iam not a guru, but try this. At google just search on the w95upg.dll and you should get instructions on how to download and install that .dll on your PC. If you are familiar with regedit you may want to search the registry for any left ovver Roxio stuff and delete.