Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need some more ADAM help plz

Thread: Need some more ADAM help plz

Well my last problem was the result of using an older machine with a faulty hard drive. I just regenned a PowerEdge with Windows Server 2003. I set up a small lab to start learning ADAM. I have one server that acts as the DC/AD/DHCP and then I have my other server that is just for ADAM. I've been using the "Step-by-Step guide" from the microsoft site. It's been going great until I got to "Step 3: Importing Application Data into an ADAM Instance". Here's what I get when I type this command:

C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>ldifde ?i ?f c:\ADAM\contactimport.ldf ?s localhost:389 ?k ?j .

Connecting to ?localhost:389?
    Logging in as current user using SSPI
    Importing to directory from file ?c:\ADAM\contactimport.ldf?
    Loading entries.
    Add error on line 1: Operations Error
    The server side error is: 0x20d6 No superior reference has been configured for the directory service. The directory service is therefore unable to issue referrals to objects outside this forest.
    The extended server error is:
    000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 <DIR_ERROR>, data 0

0 entries modified successfully.
    An error has occurred in the program

Well, that&#39;s it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a similar error but only when I&#39;m trying to install the xml file :

C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>ADAMSync /install localhost:50004 %windir%\ADAM\MS-AdamSyncConf.xml
    Ldap error occured. ldap_get_next_page_s: Operations Error.
    Extended Info: 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0

Extending the schema with the ldf files works OK.

Originally posted by JaySinRa@Aug 4 2006, 09:05 PM
    Well my last problem was the result of using an older machine with a faulty hard drive.* I just regenned a PowerEdge with Windows Server 2003.* I set up a small lab to start learning ADAM.* I have one server that acts as the DC/AD/DHCP and then I have my other server that is just for ADAM.* I&#39;ve been using the "Step-by-Step guide" from the microsoft site.* It&#39;s been going great until I got to "Step 3: Importing Application Data into an ADAM Instance".* Here&#39;s what I get when I type this command:

C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>ldifde ?i ?f c:\ADAM\contactimport.ldf ?s localhost:389 ?k ?j .

Connecting to ?localhost:389?
    Importing to directory from file ?c:\ADAM\contactimport.ldf?
    Loading entries.
    The server side error is: 0x20d6 No superior reference has been configured for the directory service.* The directory service is therefore unable to issue referrals to objects outside this forest.
    000020D6:* SvcErr:* DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 <DIR_ERROR>, data 0

Well, that&#39;s it.* Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.* Thanks.
    [snapback]6413[/snapback]

I am having the same problem.

The client receive the error:
    SvcErr: DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0

I&#39;m trying to import an item to "o=Microsoft,c=US".

:unsure:

Man, I&#39;m not sure, I opened a topic about this. In my opnion it seems that ADAM is case sensitive and aren&#39;t finding the object in the search.

What do u think???

Smile problem extending ADAM schema

Hello,
    I am also getting this error "No superior reference ..." when trying to extend the ADAM schema. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

-Vin

2 [C:\WINDOWS\adam] ldifde -v -i -s localhost:50000 -k -c CN=Configuration,DC=X #ConfigurationNamingContext -j . -f contact.l
    df
    Connecting to "localhost:50000"
    Importing directory from file "contact.ldf"
    Loading entries
    1: CN=Additional-Information,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration

The server side error is: 0x20d6 No superior reference has been configured for the directory service. The directory service i
    s therefore unable to issue referrals to objects outside this forest.
    000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0

Might have the answer to "No superior reference"

Problem when using ADAM and following along with the free Microsoft Tutorial on step 3 Importing Application Data into the ADAM instance.

Error:
    C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>ldifde -i -f C:\WINDOWS\adam\ContactImport.ldf -s localhost:4444
    4 -k -j .
    Connecting to "localhost:44444"
    Importing directory from file "C:\WINDOWS\adam\ContactImport.ldf"
    Loading entries.
    The server side error is: 0x20d6 No superior reference has been configured for t
    he directory service. The directory service is therefore unable to issue referra
    ls to objects outside this forest.
    000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-0310072B, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0

Solution:
    This is what I did. Hope it helps someone else.
    I read that Superior is the parent object and Inferior is the child object. With this in mind, I opened the contactimport.ldf file using VSS. (but you can use notepad)

I changed the DN to match my ADAM DN:

dn: CN=Doris Hartwig,CN=Slytherin,DC=Hogwarts,DC=local
    changetype: Add
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: contact
    cn: Doris Hartwig
    sn: Doris
    title: GROUP PROGRAM MANAGER
    telephoneNumber: +1 (555) 555-1111
    givenName: Doris
    name: Doris Hartwig
    mail: doris@microsoft.us
    #directReports: CN=Kim Abercrombie,CN=Slytherin,DC=Hogwarts,DC=local

dn: CN=Kim Abercrombie,CN=Slytherin,DC=Hogwarts,DC=local
    changetype: Add
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: contact
    cn: Kim Abercrombie
    sn: Iyer
    title: PROGRAM MANAGER
    telephoneNumber: +1 (555) 555-2222
    givenName: Kim
    name: Kim Abercrombie
    mail: kim@microsoft.us
    manager: CN=Doris Hartwig,CN=Slytherin,DC=Hogwarts,DC=local

I re-ran the command:
    C:\WINDOWS\ADAM>ldifde -i -f C:\WINDOWS\adam\ADAM\contactimport.ldf -s localhost
    :44444 -k -j .
    Connecting to "localhost:44444"
    Importing directory from file "C:\WINDOWS\adam\ADAM\contactimport.ldf"
    Loading entries...
    2 entries modified successfully.
    Last edited by QAGirl; 07-27-2007 at 04:44 PM.