Thread: Internet Sharing Connection wont work

Hello!
    I made wireless network between two laptops and one of them is connected on Internet over ADSL modem. I made ISC that I can connect to Internet over the other one, but when I try to open any web page on it, it wont work. When I try to ping (through Command Prompt) with command "ping www.google.com" it notify me that "Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again." But when I try "ping 66.249.85.104" (Google IP) then it works well! Any advice how to resolve this problem?

Smile Check DNS

HI..

If u cant browse a site by name but u can browse by IP Address then it is a clear case of DNS not functioning

try http://66.249.85.104 in you browser

and you will see Google minus the Pictures, this means that YOUR DNS Settings are not working

the IP addresses are bound to domain names, in this case the ip 66.249.85.104 is bound to google.. these records are maintained by DNS server. when you type google's url in your browser it asks DNS server that to which IP it whould connect too to show the content and if the DNS is not there or dosent answer then you dont see anything in browser but ERROR.

when you type www.google.com there is no DNS server which will point to IP 66.249.85.104 therefore Error is displayed and when you type 66.249.85.104 the browser dosent require DNS server as you are giving dirict input of the destination address

Check you DNS settings in TCP/IP Protocol

thanx