Thread: Internet Connection Status Dialog Box

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this type of thing, but I have a quick question. I have had a minor problem where I cannot view the Internet Connection Status Dialog Box when I click on either the Icon in the systray or the Internet Connection Icon inside the Network Connections. When I try to open the box, it appears and immediately disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client, but I still cannot view the internet connection status. I have no problem viewing my LAN status though.

Like I said this is a minor problem. I have run spyware scanners and virus scanners and came up with nothing.

If this is not the correct place to post something like this, could someone direct me to the right place?

Thanks!

Twixman

Associate
    I have had this problem before, it is was related to the router connection having too many errors on the ADSL line, connecting to the proper filter, and to the master socket, (with all extensions disconnected) has resolved this for me. It is not windows related in my experience.

I do not have DSL. I have a Cable connection and a router. I have restarted the router and cable modem. Is there something I need to do with the cable modem or router?

Thanks again!

Twixman

Associate
    Actually cable is DSL, it is ADSL I have (through the telephone line) but it may be worth getting the cable company to check your connection. Are you having any problems with loosing your internet connection?

Cable and DSL are different although they are both broadband connections. I have had some disconnects recently, so maybe that could be one of the issues. I will keep looking into it. Thanks for your help!

Twixman

Associate
    It has something to do with "loopback errors" I was told. Good luck

Just to let you know, I ended up updating the firmware of my router to the latest version, and the dialog box works now.

Thanks again!

Twixman